Fitness, Family, & Fun!
Hey Girlfriends! Getting in your 60 minutes of physical activity every day is so much easier when you are doing it with your family and friends. Need some new ideas? I thought it be fun to share 15 tip for family fitness fun! Check them out below 👇🏾
- Plan a “Post Thanksgiving Dinner Walk” for the whole family.
- Pack your own nutritious snacks, drinks and meals for family outings.
- Volunteer to help with physical activity events such as field days.
- Get up from your desk every hour or two to walk and stretch.
- Park a distance from the grocery store so you can walk and get more steps on your pedometer.
- Volunteer to help a neighbor mow their lawn, rake leaves, or clean up their yard.
- Dig and plant in the garden. Have family members plant their own vegetables, fruits and flowers.
- Have the whole family jump rope while practicing spelling.
- Visit farms throughout the year where you can pick your own strawberries, peaches, and apples.
- Go camping where you can pitch a tent, gather firewood, fish, bike, and walk.
- Volunteer to wash several elderly neighbors’ cars.
- Enjoy a weekend afternoon of physical activities at a local community center.
- Enter a “Fun Run” or a walk-a-thon for a good cause.
- See who’s most flexible in a game of Twister
- Create a wonderful backyard obstacle course using an old tire, hula hoop, ropes for paths, boards for balance, crates for steps and swings to swing!
My favorite tip would be number #1! How fun and funny would that be if all the family members gathered and went for a walk after Thanksgiving dinner and festivities. There would be so much to talk about and let’s not forget walking off those sweet potato pie calories! 😜 Comment below 👇🏾 with some of your favorite tips!
These are helpful and insightful. Thank you. All of these I could use
The fun run sounds fun! 😍
Thank you Queen 👑 Keep shining! All of them are helpful.
Love all the tips ❤️
Thank you for this content. Very helpful!!